Stop taking your eyes for granted. Follow these easy steps to keep your healthy and your vision sharp.
Follow a healthy diet :
- Good eye health starts with good diet. Include nutrients like omega-3 fatty acids, zinc, and vitamins C and E.
- To include them in your everyday diet, fill your plate with:
- Green leafy vegetables – spinach, collards, and kale
- Oranges and other citrus fruits or juices
- Tuna, salmon, and other oily fish
- Beans,eggs, nuts, and other non-meat protein sources
A well-balanced diet will also help you maintain a healthy weight and a healthy lifestyle.
Quit Smoking :
Smoking makes you more likely to get cataracts, damage to your optic nerve, and macular degeneration.
Wear Sunglasses :
Using the right pair of sunglasses can help you protect your eyes from the harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays of the sun. Too much exposure to UV rays increases your chances of causing cataracts and macular degeneration.
Choose a sunglasses that block 99% to 100% of UVA and UVB rays.
Pick wraparound sunglasses or oversized sunglasses that will provide maximum protection for your eyes.
Sunglasses with polarized lenses reduce glare while you drive.
Sunglasses are excellent gear that will prevent your eyes from hazardous airborne material or injuries.
Look away from the digital screen :
Take a break or look away from the digital screen in small intervals of time. Staring at a computer or phone screen for too long can cause:
- Blurry vision
- Trouble focusing
- Trouble seeing at a distance
- Dry eyes
Make regularly visit an eye specialist :
Share it with your doctor if you are suffering from any other eye problem.